This site is operated by Ticketón Entertainment LP (dba Ticketón) located at 5757 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 473, Los Angeles, CA 90036. Ticketón is an ecommerce platform operating in the United States that provides consumers with various services including but not limited to event tickets, movie tickets, and merchandise sales.
Ticketón is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
BY VISITING THIS WEBSITE (THE “SITE”) YOU ARE ACCEPTING AND CONSENTING TO THE PRACTICES DESCRIBED IN THIS POLICY (INCLUDING AS UPDATED OR
AMENDED FROM TIME TO TIME). IF YOU DO NOT WISH FOR YOUR INFORMATION TO BE HANDLED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE BELOW, PLEASE DO NOT PROVIDE
US WITH YOUR INFORMATION OR INTERACT WITH OUR SERVICES.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM OTHER SOURCES
We work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, social networks such as Facebook and Twitter, search information providers, credit reference agencies, third parties who enable sign on functionality and social network integration) and may receive information about you from them.
If you choose to use features on this Site that connect to your online profiles or social media accounts (“Connected Accounts”), we may collect any information that you permit through your settings on those Connected Accounts. For example, if you log in to our site using your Facebook account and choose to allow Facebook to share your profile with us, we may collect that information. Information we receive from Connected Accounts with your consent may include email address, first and last name, location (hometown and country), gender, date of birth, likes, posts or other social activity. Please review your Connected Account privacy settings to control what information is provided to us through this option.
If you use any features on the Site to send information about a product or service to another person, we will also collect the personal information of that other person to the extent disclosed by you and you may contact them using the information you provided us.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION MAY BE USED
We may use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us or through Connected Accounts. We will use this information:
- To facilitate your purchase of tickets through our Site;
- To help us respond to your queries regarding your events;
- To provide you with information on the relevant event you purchased tickets to;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- To provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- To provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you;
- To notify you about changes to our service;
- To manage your access to the services;
- To allow you to interact with our Site, for example by posting comments;
- To allow you to share information from our Site on third party social media platforms;
- To comply with legal and regulatory requirements.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- To administer our Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- To improve our Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- As part of our efforts to keep our Site safe and secure;
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Site about goods or services that may interest you or them, if we have received your consent to do so;
- To provide or permit third parties to provide targeted advertising via websites you visit about goods or services that you may find interesting;
- To track the progress and number of entries in competitions and promotions.
Information we receive from other sources:
We may combine information we receive from other sources with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this combined information for the purposes set out above;
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with third parties involved in events you purchase tickets to, including venues, artists, promoters, sponsors, and service providers. We may also share your information with Ticketón Partners and other select third parties, including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you in order to provide you with a product or service;
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors to provide you with information about promotions and offers;
- Relevant artists and/or their representatives, including for marketing purposes;
- Aggregated, anonymized or other data to advertisers, advertising networks and social networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We may also use aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience;
- We work with a number of carefully selected third party companies that provide a broad range of online solutions, from traffic analysis and advertising to user experience enhancements, such as enabling you to use the same login details across multiple websites. It is sometimes necessary for us to provide these companies with access to limited personal information about our users.;
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our Site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If this Site or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction;
- To any other third party with your prior consent to do so.
STORAGE AND TRANSFER DATA
The security of your personal information is important to us. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers or secure services controlled by third parties on our behalf. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
This Site is not directed toward children under 13 years of age nor does Ticketón knowingly collect information from children under 13 without parental consent and in compliance with applicable laws. If you are a California resident under the age of 18, and a registered user of the Site where this policy is posted, California Business and Professions Code Section 22581 permits you to request and obtain removal of content or information you may have publicly posted. To make such a request, please send an email with a detailed description of the specific content or information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be aware that such a request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information you have posted and that there may be circumstances in which the law does not require or allow removal even if requested.
Where applicable under local law, you may request a copy of the personal information held by Ticketón about you and may ask about all recipients of the information, the purpose of the processing, request the correction of incorrect data, and request the blocking and deletion of such data by contacting us as described in the “Contact” section below. We may require you to prove your identity with approved identification if you request this information.
You are responsible for keeping your information current and up-to-date. You may update your information by contacting us as described in the “Contact” section below. You also have the right, where provided under applicable law, to ask us not to process your personal data.
If your personal information changes, or if you no longer desire our service, you may correct, update, amend, delete or remove it by contacting us as described in the “Contact” section below. We will respond to your request to access within 30 days.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
If you wish to subscribe to our newsletter(s), we will use your name and email address to send the newsletter to you. Out of respect for your privacy, you may choose to stop receiving our newsletter or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails, accessing the email preferences in your account settings page or you can contact us as described in the “Contact” section below.
Where provided under applicable law, you may have the right to ask us for a list of your personal data we share with third parties and information regarding those third parties, if the third parties use the personal data for their direct marketing purposes. We will seek your consent (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us as described in the “Contact” section below.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83, California residents with whom we have an established business relationship are entitled to request and receive, free of charge, once per calendar year, information about the Personal Information we shared, if any, with other businesses for their own direct marketing uses during the prior year,
You can make such a request by calling us at 323-655-2669 or by sending us an email at email@example.com (please include “Data Removal Inquiry” in your email subject line).
For further information concerning California Privacy Rights, please see our Notice to California Residents included below as Appendix A.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
Our Site, our newsletters and other communications may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS – YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
This section is applicable to residents of California. If you are a resident of California, you have certain rights described below. The following do not apply to individuals who do not live in California on a permanent basis.
RIGHTS PROVIDED BY CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE SECTION 1798.83
A California resident who has provided personal data to a business with whom he/she has established a business relationship for personal, family, or household purposes (a “California Customer”) may request information about whether the business has disclosed personal information to any third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. In general, if the business has made such a disclosure of personal data, upon receipt of a request by a California Customer, the business is required to provide a list of all third parties to whom personal data was disclosed in the preceding calendar year, as well as a list of the categories of personal data that were disclosed. California Customers may request further information about our compliance with this law by mailing us at 5757 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 473, Los Angeles, CA 90036 or emailing Ticketón at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we are only required to respond to two requests per California Customer each year under Code Section 1798.83.
RIGHTS UNDER THE CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT
1. You have a Right to Know About Personal Information Collected, Disclosed, or Sold.
California residents have the right to request that Ticketón disclose what personal information it collects, uses, discloses, and sells. This is called the “Right to Know”. Under the Right to Know, you can request a listing of the types of personal information we have collected about you, the sources of that information, how we use the information (e.g., our business or commercial purposes for collecting or selling personal information), other individuals and business with whom we share personal information, and the specific pieces of personal information that we have collected about you.
If you would like the above information, you may contact us through our webpage or customer service. Contact information is at the bottom of this section. When you make a request under your Right to Know, you can expect the following:
We will verify your identity. You will need to provide us the following information: last four digits of credit card used to purchase a ticket, First Name, Last Name, Email Address in order for us to verify that you are who you say you are.
We will confirm our receipt of your request within 10 days. If you have not received a response within a few days after that, please let us know by contacting us at the webpage or phone number listed below.
We will respond to your request within 45 days. If necessary, we may need an additional period of time, up to another 45 days, but we will reply either way within the first 45-day period and, if we need an extension, we will explain why.
In certain cases, a Request to Know may be denied, for example, if we cannot verify your identity or if providing you the information could create an unreasonable risk to someone’s security (for example, we do not want very sensitive information disclosed inappropriately). If we deny your request, we will explain why we denied it. If we deny a request, we will still try to provide you as much of the information as we can, but we will withhold the information subject to denial.
“Personal information,” for purposes of this section regarding the rights of California residents, does not include publicly available information that is lawfully made available to the general public from federal, state, or local government records.
Ticketón does not sell the personal information.
2. You have a Right to Request Deletion of Personal Information about You.
California consumers have a right to request the deletion of their personal information collected or maintained by Ticketón. If you would like information about you to be deleted, you may contact us through our webpage or customer service. Contact information is at the bottom of this section. When you make a request for deletion, you can expect the following:
- After you request deletion, you will need to confirm that you want your information deleted.
- We will verify your identity. You will need to provide us the following information: last four digits of credit card used to purchase a ticket, First Name, Last Name, Email Address in order for us to verify that you are who you say you are.
- We will confirm our receipt of your request within 10 days. If you have not received a response within a few days after that, please let us know by contacting us at the webpage or phone number listed below.
- We will respond to your request within 45 days. If necessary, we may need an additional period of time, up to another 45 days, but we will reply either way within the first 45-day period and, if we need an extension, we will explain why.
- In certain cases, a request for deletion may be denied, for example, if we cannot verify your identity, the law requires that we maintain the information (e.g., in case of a recall) or if we need the information for internal purposes such as keeping records of any warranties. If we deny your request, we will explain why we denied it, treat your request an “opt-out” of the sale of information (as described in our Notice of Right to Opt-Out), and delete any other information that is not protected from deletion.
3. Ticketón does not sell Personal Information
California consumers have a right to opt-out of the sale of their personal information by Ticketón. For more information about your right to opt-out, please see our Notice of Right to Opt-Out.
4. Right to Non-Discrimination for the Exercise of a Consumer’s Privacy Rights
You have a right not to receive discriminatory treatment by Ticketón or exercising any of your privacy rights conferred by the CCPA. Ticketón will not discriminate against any California consumer because such person exercised any of the consumer’s rights under CCPA, including, but not limited to:
- Denying goods or services.
- Charging different prices or rates for goods and services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties.
- Providing a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggesting that the consumer will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Ticketón may, however, charge a different price or rate, or provide a different level or quality of goods or services, if that difference is related to the value provided to you by your data.
5. Authorized Agents
If you would like, you may designate an authorized agent to make a request under the CCPA on your behalf. We will deny requests from agents that do not submit proof of authorization from you. To verify that an authorized agent has authority to act for you, we may require a copy of a power of attorney or require that you provide the authorized agent with written permission and verify your own identity with us.
6. Contact Information
To request additional information, or make any of the requests described above, you may call us at 323-655-2667 – or contact us through our website at https://soporte.ticketon.com/contacto/
Copyright © 2021 Ticketon | Todos los derechos reservados